7 DAYS 7 WEEKS 2020
Crying for Spiritual Breakthrough in South Africa
2020 will be the 8th year of the 7 Days on the Wall initiative
We will intensify our cry to God for spiritual breakthrough by praying for 7 days every 7 weeks
COMING UP! WEEK 1: 23 February – 1 March
Extra-ordinary wave of 24/7 prayer continues!
This initiative was birthed at the World Prayer Assembly in Indonesia, 2012, when about 9,000 delegates from more than 60 nations gathered to pray for the nations of the world. Since the beginning of 2013, almost 5,000 local churches, schools and different groups in South Africa have each taken at least one week to pray for spiritual awakening, social justice and the unsaved in their churches and communities.
What’s happening now ?
At a gathering of leaders from various local prayer networks held in Cape Town at the beginning of 2020, a need for more intensified prayer was suggested. It was decided that every local network will be asked to increase the amount of “Prayer Weeks” in their communities.
The Mission going forward is to mobilise at least 50 local prayer networks across the nation to pray 24/7 for…
Spiritual Awakening – Is.62:6,7
Salvation of Souls – Acts15:16,17
Social Justice – Luke18:7,8
in 7 Week Cycles…
This means that every network will engage in seven weeks of prayer during the year. All the networks will pray during the same weeks as mentioned below. You may consider adding any local activity to your prayer focus for every week.
Dates in 2020
Week 1: 23 Feb – 1 Mar
Week 2 30 Mar – 5 Apr
Week 3: 25 – 31 May
Week 4: 13 – 19 Jul
Week 5: 31 Aug – 6 Sep
Week 6: 12 – 18 Oct
Week 7: 23 – 29 Nov
- Start planning early by inviting representatives from various churches/groups to pray/plan together on weekly basis.
- Set up at least one Prayer Room with different prayer stations and invite different churches/groups to participate.
- Draw up a 24/7 Prayer Schedule and start by looking for 24 individuals to pray one hour per day for the week.
- Have active Whatsapp Groups for every church/group participating, running for the week of prayer only.
- After the first week, make time for corporate thanksgiving. You can also organise a prayer gathering with people from the community, as part of the United Prayer for South Africa initiative.
- Immediately start planning the next week of prayer, not to lose momentum towards the next 7 Day “Cycle”.
More information, resources & testimonies
- Visit www.globalprayerwatch.org/7days for more resources and prayer guide.
- Send email to email@example.com to register your group.
- More testimonies and news from around the nation on our Face Book Page at #7Daysonthewall
“May we see the greater works of the Holy Spirit in our day, as we earnestly seek God for an awakening that would not only touch this nation, but also impact the rest of the world!”