1 December ’23 – 9 January ’24
Whenever God wanted to prepare someone for His purposes, it often took 40 days:
- Moses was completely transformed by twice spending 40 days in God’s presence on Mount Sinai.
- The entire city of Nineveh was transformed after 40 days.
- Jesus was empowered for His earthly ministry after 40 days of fasting and prayer in the wilderness.
We invite you to read the Bible with us for 40 Days, focusing on God and growing deeper in love with the Living Word as you read the Written Word. See what God will do in and through you – during and after this time of intense focus on His Word!
How to join
This initiative is on the Telegram App, so you need to click the link to join the Group on Telegram:
You can also create and manage your own WhatsApp group for personal contacts who are not on Telegram, but who want to read along. Feel free to forward the three Reading Plans and the Guidelines provided below to them.
How much commitment will be required?
> LESS IS MORE – Do not overcommit – you want to enjoy and encounter God by reading through Scripture more than simply to accomplish a task!
> CHOOSE A READING PLAN that will fit your schedule best, so you will not feel guilty when falling behind.
- Plan 1: The whole Bible – It will take someone with an average reading speed about 2 hours a day to cover the daily portion and finish the whole Bible in 40 days.
- Plan 2: NT, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes – It will take about 40 minutes a day to cover the daily portion to finish this reading plan in 40 days.
- Plan 3: Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes – It will take about 10-15 minutes a day to cover the daily portion to finish this reading plan in 40 days.
> PRINT OUT – Print out the Reading Plan of your choice posted in the Group to help you keep track of your daily progress.
> IF YOU FALL BEHIND – Just keep on reading, even if it takes 50 or 60 days to read through. Remember the focus is more on enjoying God through Scripture than accomplishing a task!
> POST IN THE GROUP – When a specific passage stands out to you on a specific day, you are welcome to post that reference in the Group. Please do not post any videos, images or links.
Please familiarise yourself with the guidelines for posting on the Group. Kindly adhere to these guidelines throughout the 40 Days. If you have any questions, please send one of the Administrators on the Telegram Group a private message.
Extend the invitation!
Bless your friends and family by inviting them to join in reading Scripture this holiday season! Send them the link to this page or send them the resources provided below.