The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon…
and brought him to Jesus.
Pray for the unsaved, other Christians and the nations. Take at least 5-10 minutes per day to bring these people and nations to Jesus in prayer.
Pray for at least 5 countries or ethnic groups
Write down the names of the 5 countries or ethnic groups and have it ready for your daily prayer time.
- Pray for open doors for the gospel. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Colossians 4:3
- Pray that people’s thoughts and hearts will be open to the gospel. To open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me. Acts 26:18
- Pray that the demonic strongholds keeping people in darkness will be destroyed. The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 1 John 3:8b; The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:4-5
- Pray that the nations will know that Jesus is the Saviour that can redeem their sins. Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6
- Pray for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the churches of those countries. “I baptise you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptise you with the Holy Spirit and fire. Matthew 3:11
Pray for at least 7 Christians and/or Christian leaders you know
Write down the names of the 7 Christians and/or Christian leaders and have it ready for your daily prayer time.
- Pray God’s blessing over their lives: The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26
- That God will protect them from evil. But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one. 2 Thessalonians 3:3
- That God will fill them with the Holy Spirit. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. Ephesians 5:18. And for the working of the Seven-fold spirit of God in their lives. The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him: the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the Lord. Isaiah.11:2
- For holy lives. For it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.” 1 Peter 1:16
- That they may be fishers of men. “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” Matthew 4:19
- The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and the one who is wise saves lives. Proverbs 11:30
- That they will first seek the kingdom of God. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33
- Pray that God will give them candour through the Holy Spirit to live and boldly witness for Jesus Christ. That Christians will not only be converts, but also true disciples of Christ.
- That they will grow in their prayer life.
Pray for at least 7 unsaved people
Write down the names of the 7 unsaved people and have it ready for your daily prayer time.
Use the following Scripture verses when praying for unbelievers:
- I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Luke 5:32
- The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9
- Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign Lord. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live? Ezekiel 18:23
- For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
- Who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time. 1 Timothy 2:4-6
When praying for unbelievers, ask the Holy Spirit to put the following questions in their hearts: Who can I trust? What is the purpose of my life? When will I be free? What will happen to me when I die? Why do I hate God and why do I run away from Him? How can I handle my problems? Where will I be safe? Who can protect me? Why am I sceptical and do I doubt God’s existence? Who will free me from my sins? (These questions are from the book by Dick Eastman “The hour that changes the world.”)
Persevere in prayer!
Do not pray with any bitterness or judgement in your heart. Pray with the knowledge that Jesus came for a lost and broken world. And remember to persevere in prayer!