This is a practical guide on how to watch and pray for one hour, seeking God’s face. (Ps.27:8)
1. Seek His face through calling on the Name of the Lord (5 min)
Meditate prayerfully on the following Names of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit: All-sufficient One, Satisfier (El-Shaddai) – Gen.17:1; Apostle en High Priest of our faith – Heb.3:1; Compassionate and Merciful God – Ps.86:15; Rewarder of all who seek Him – Heb.11:6; Worker of miracles – Ex.15:11; I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life – Joh.14:6; the One to whom all power belongs; God (Elohim) – Gen.1:1; God will provide, Provider (Yahweh-Jireh) – Gen.22:8-14; God of peace; the Lord gives rest (Yahweh-Shalom) – Judg.6:24; God Who sees (EI-Roi) – Gen.16:13-14; the Lord Who heals you (Yahweh-Ropheka) – Ex.15:26; Helper in affliction – Ps.46:2; Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever – Heb.13:8; Lamb that was slain – Rev.5:12; Almighty God, “Champion” (El Gibbor) – Isa.9:6-7; Wall of Fire – Zech.2:5; Mighty in battle – Ps.24:8; Counselor – Joh.14:16; Helper – Rom.8:26; Spirit of Wisdom – Isa.11:2; Spirit of Understanding – Isa.11:2; Spirit of Counsel and Power – Isa.11:2; Spirit of Knowledge and the Fear of the Lord – Isa.11:2; Spirit of Prayer and Supplication – Zech.12:10.
2. Seek His face by praying for personal revival (5 min)
• Is there any unconfessed sin in my life?
• Do I harbour unforgiveness and bitterness in my life?
• Are there any doubtful practices or activities in my life?
• Am I obeying the Holy Spirit promptly in all things?
• Am I confessing Jesus unashamedly?
3. Seek His face for unsaved families, friends or individuals (5 min)
Pray for their salvation, that God will bless them (spiritually, socially, emotionally), and pray for their felt needs.