The greatest mystery of all time which will take all eternity to unravel, is the mystery of Christ. (Ephesians 3:4; Colossians 4:3). If the enemy could have comprehended the mystery of Christ, he would never have killed Him on a cross! The mystery of God stepping down to earth and redeeming us back to Himself is certainly the greatest story ever told.
The Book of Revelation is the revelation of the Lord Jesus Christ (Rev 1:1). There are at least 20 names (listed below) of the Lord Jesus found only in Revelation chapters 1-3, where Jesus speaks to the church. It is a wonderful idea to study and prayerfully consider each of these names in your personal times with the Lord. These are keys, mysteries and revelations that we are to unlock more fully in our generation.
Read the first three chapters of Revelation, mark these names of Jesus in your Bible or write them into your journal. Give thanks to the Lord for who He is, and pray for the revelation of Jesus Christ to fully come into the heart and mind of every Believer in the Church in our generation.
The names of Jesus in Revelation 1-3
1. The Faithful Witness (1:5)
2. The Firstborn from the dead (1:5)
3. Ruler over the kings of the earth (1:5)
4. The Alpha and the Omega (1:8, 11)
5. Who is and who was and who is to come (1:8)
6. The Almighty (1:8)
7. The First and the Last (1:8, 11, 17, 2:8)
8. The One who was dead, but is alive forevermore (1:18, 2:8)
9. The One who holds the 7 stars in His right hand (2:1)
10. The One who walks among the 7 golden lampstands (2:1)
11. The One who has the sharp two-edged sword (2:12)
12. The Son of God with eyes like a flame of fire and feet like burnished bronze (2:18)
13. The One who has the 7 Spirits of God and the 7 stars (3:1)
14. He who is Holy (3:7)
15. He who is True (3:7)
16. He who has the key of David (3:7)
17. He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts an no one opens (3:7)
18. The Amen (3:14)
19. The Faithful and True Witness (3:14)
20. The Beginning of the creation of God (3:14)