As we pray for the unsaved, it is important to remember that it is God’s perfect will for them to be saved. He is even more concerned about their salvation than we are! This is what Jesus died for – to seek and save the lost. Therefore we can boldly come before His throne of grace, pleading for their salvation together with the Lord Jesus, who is seated at the right hand of the Father, ever making intercession. (Hebrews 7:25).
1. CONVICTION (John 16:8-11): He (the Spirit) shall convict the world of sin…righteousness and judgement.
2. SPIRITUAL QUICKENING (John 6:63): It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
3. A SURGE OF FAITH (Ephesians 2:8): For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
4. THEIR EYES TO OPEN (2 Corinthians 4:4-6): …whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. … it is the God … who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
5. THEIR EARS TO HEAR (Revelation 3:20): Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.
6. GOD’S WORD TO PENETRATE THE HEART (Hebrews 4:12): For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
7. HARDNESS OF HEART TO BE REMOVED (Jeremiah 23:29): “Is not My word like a fire?” says the LORD, “And like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?
8. BONDAGE TO SIN BROKEN (John 8:36): Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.
9. THE FATHER TO DRAW THEM (John 6:44): No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.
10. THE FATHER TO SHOW MERCY (Romans 9:16): It is not of him that wills, nor of him that runs, but God who shows mercy.