The Hajj is the life-long aspiration and spiritual climax for 1/4 of the world’s population: The Hajj – the fifth pillar of Islam (August 9-14, 2019). Every Muslim who is able is required to go on a pilgrimage to Mecca (the birthplace of Islam) at least once. Pilgrims will perform sacred rituals and follow the steps of Muhammad.
Muslims do this because it is required of them and to seek forgiveness of sins and a chance at eternal life
Why should we care?
- Because Jesus loves Muslims and died for them
- Because this is an incredible opportunity for Jesus to reveal Himself to seeking pilgrims
What can you do?
- Commit to strategically praying for Muslims each of the eight days of Hajj
- Sign up to receive a daily reminder and video, leading you in prayer
- Invite others to join you in prayer
Millions are seeking forgiveness and eternal life through rituals and acts that will never be good enough.
- That eyes would be opened to the futility and emptiness of each religious ritual.
- That Jesus Christ would reveal Himself to the pilgrims.
- That pilgrims would be transformed into disciples of Jesus.