26 September – 21 October 2018
The Office of Tibet South Africa & the Tibet Society SA have arranged for a group of four Tibetan masters to be at the Simon’s Town Museum (26-29 Sept) in the Cape, at the Wits Origins Centre (2-7 Oct) in Johannesburg and at the Denis Hurley Centre (15-21 Oct) in Durban. In each location, they will spend hours creating a sand mandala. A sand mandala is a Tibetan Buddhist tradition involving the creation of a spiritual symbol representing a cosmic universe of celestial bodies made from coloured sand, specifically in SA to honour the Buddha of Compassion. Afterwards, this mandala is then ritualistically destroyed or cast into the waters of a city, river or ocean. Both opening and closing ceremonies are accompanied with prayers to Buddha, as well as various chants.
Since the origins of these practices are not Holy Spirit inspired, curses in different forms, having multiple after-effects unknown to them, are released into the nations they visit. Let us pray and declare the Word of our God over each of these rituals taking place across our country. Such ceremonies are directed towards affecting the earth, water, fire and air. Some observations show that very often national disasters follow after such ceremonies and accompanied incantations.
This is an issue for earnest prayer.
Get together with other believers for a time of prayer. You can use the following five guidelines.
- CURSES CANCELLED: Ask the Lord for all words, chants and prayers releasing curses to be rendered fruitless in the name of Jesus. Father of our Lord Jesus Christ we gather before you today. Is not Your word like a fire and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces? (Jer.23:29). For I,’ says the LORD, ‘will be a wall of fire all around her, and I will be the glory in her midst.'” (Zech.2:5).
- DECLARATION OF CHRIST: We come before You today and declare; we are the sons and daughters of God in this nation. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. (Rom.8:14-22). Therefore we have come to proclaim to the land (sand and stones) of every city in South Africa, all the waters, wells and oceans, all of the winds that blow in this nation, and all of the heavens over South Africa, everything in the heavens, on the earth, in the waters and under the earth; hear the revelation of Jesus Christ, the mystery of His death, resurrection and ascension, His blood and salvation. Listen to your Creator, and obey Him alone. We make known to creation over South Africa today to see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ.
- DECLARATION OF THE CHURCH: Lord Jesus, we come as members and representatives of the church in South Africa, and take our place on the wall of prayer. We declare: We intend that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord, in whom we today have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him. (Eph.3:8-12). We, as the Church in South Africa, have been praying for the opening of wells of revival for many years. We pray over the weather patterns (that will lead to droughts and flooding), destruction through wind and storms, fires or any negative effect on the land to behave according to the will and purposes of God alone. Like in the days of Elijah, we pray that every physical and spiritual altar that is build which is not to the glory our Lord in this nation, will be destroyed and silenced in the name of the Lord Jesus. (1 Ki.18:26). We cry out to You o Lord, hear us, O LORD, hear us, that these people may know that You are the LORD God and that You have turned their hearts back to You again. We declare: “The LORD, He is God! The LORD, He is God!” (1 Ki.18:37-39).
- PRAY FOR SALVATION OF SOULS: Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, we petition you today for the salvation of people; for the revelation of the blood of Jesus; for a deep hunger and thirst after the Word of God and after the Only One who can satisfy the soul. Let us behold You alone in this city and our eyes not be turned away to any other God. (Ps.27:4). We pray for souls to enter into Your Kingdom oh Lord, especially those involved in performing and attending these rituals. (John 3:16).
- PRAYER WALK ANY OF THESE AREAS OF VISITATION TO YOUR CITY
Declaration during prayer walk: The voice of God
Our Father in Heaven, we join with the heavenly hosts to give You glory and strength. We give unto You the glory due to Your Name. We worship You in the beauty of Your holiness. Your voice is over the waters (nations); the God of glory thunders; the Lord is over many waters (nations). Your voice is powerful; yes, the voice of our Lord is full of majesty. Your voice breaks the cedars (the prideful), yes, the Lord splinters the cedars of Lebanon. Your voice divides flames of fire! (Like on Pentecost). Your voice shakes the wilderness (darkness over the nations); Your voice makes the deer give birth, (bring forth new life) and strips the forests bare, and in Your Temple (the hearts of the Church) everyone says: “GLORY!” (Ps.29:1?9).
Father, You spoke, “Let there be light!” and there was Light. (Gen.1:3). Into the darkness of our world, You sent Your Son – the Word made flesh! (John 1:1?14). We worship Jesus as the true Light that came into the world! (John 1:4-5). Thank you for sending Your Son, so that we may see the light, and have hope in our hearts. (Eph.1:18). Your voice from heaven commanded us to listen to Your Son. (Mark 9:7). Jesus said that He was the Good Shepherd and that all His sheep would know His voice. (John 10:3?5,14?16). Help us to discern the truth from the lie and to really know Your voice. (John 18:37). When we hear Your voice, help us not to harden our hearts and be rebellious against You. Purify and cleanse us so that our hearts will not be evil, unbelieving hearts, but that we will have faith in You. (Heb.3:7?15).
Open our ears to hear and obey, since You said: “… to obey is better than sacrifice …” (Ps.40:6; 1 Sam.15:22?24). Please forgive us for the times when we have heard Your voice but did not pay attention; when we were disobedient and did not do what You asked. Let us again hear Your voice as You give us direction in following You. (Isa.30:21).
We pray that the nations of the world will hear Your voice, even though they rage and kingdoms are moved. (Ps.46:6). Let those who do not know You or care to obey You, see Your power and bow before You. (Ex.5:2). Give us Your Words so that we will become Your voice, to speak to governments and leaders, to help them walk in Your ways. (Mark 3:11). Help us to draw near to You and receive the messages You want to give through Your Church. (Deut.5:25?27). Give us also the ability to speak and translate the Gospel into the languages which will touch the hearts of all the peoples of the earth. (Acts 2:11).
It is the time of the awakening of Your Bride. Let Your Church hear the voice of the Bridegroom and open her heart towards You. (Songs 2:8; 5:2). Help us to draw so close that we will hear the desires of Your heart and give ourselves in Your service. (Isa.6:8). When the time comes for the dead to hear Your voice, we will rise to the resurrection of life (John 5:25?29) and be with You forever!
For I,’ says the LORD, ‘will be a wall of fire all around her,
and I will be the glory in her midst.’ “ (Zech.2:5).