The purpose of this policy is to describe the way that we collect, store, use, and protect personal information.
By using our website in any way, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all the website’s terms.
The information we collect
Personal information can be associated with you or another specific natural or juristic person and can be used to identify you or that person, such as name(s), surname combined with your physical address, contact details and/or passport/identity number. Personal information (in South Africa) also refers to the personal information that uniquely identifies a legal entity, such as the trading name of a business combined with the registration number.
Personal information excludes:
- information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person,
- permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically,
- non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us, and
- information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including any blog, chat room, community, classifieds, or discussion board (because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal information subject to protection under this policy).
How we collect information
Personal information may be collected in various ways:
- certain information collected on registration or subscription,
- certain information collected on contact form submission, and
- optional information that you provide to us voluntarily.
Personal information may also be given to or collected by us in writing as part of a written application form, electronically such as email, telephonically, online or via any app used by us.
Note: You may only send us personal information of another data subject where you have their permission to do so.
We may place small text files called ‘cookies’ on your device when you visit our website. These files do not contain personal information. These files serve several useful purposes for you, including:
- tailoring our website’s functionality to you;
- improving how our website performs;
- allowing third parties to provide services to our website e.g. for analytical purposes.
Third party cookies
Our website may contain electronic image requests (called a single-pixel gif or web beacon request) that allow us to count page views and to access cookies. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor, or share any of your personal information. We merely use them to compile anonymous information about our website.
We may use your web usage information for the purposes described above and to:
- Monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed.
- Creating a record of you on our system to verify your identity, assess your request for prayer material and/or attendance at a conference, provide you with the prayer material and/or conference you have applied for and then communicate with and keep you informed about them.
- Further processing for historical, statistical or research purposes where the outcomes will not be published in an identifiable format.
- Conduct surveys to gauge an audience’s sentiment.
How we process personal information
Processing of personal information includes any initial processing that we do when we first collect your personal information. It also includes any further and ongoing processing that we are allowed to carry out legitimately in terms of the reasons listed below.
The term “processing” includes collecting, using, altering, merging, linking, organising, disseminating, storing, retrieving, disclosing, erasing, archiving, destroying, or disposing of personal information.
Accurate and up to date
We will try to keep the personal information we collect as accurate, complete, and up to date as is necessary for the purposes defined in this policy. From time to time, we may request you to update your personal information. You can also review, update or delete any personal information that we hold about you by accessing your information via a link in an email communication received from us, by emailing us or phoning us. We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
- retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to the retention of the record.
We take the security of personal information very seriously and always do our best to comply with applicable data protection laws. Our hosting company will host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders.
Links to other websites
This site may contain hyperlinks to websites that are not managed by JWIPN. These hyperlinks are provided for your reference and convenience only, and do not imply any endorsement of the material on these third-party web sites or any association with their operators. JWIPN does not control these websites and is not responsible for their content. Your use of these links and applications is subject to the third-parties’ privacy policies, and you should become familiar with the third-parties’ privacy policies before using the links or applications.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about this notice, you need further information about our privacy practices, wish to withdraw consent, exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration Number at the Information Regulator: 63564/2021-2022/IRRTT