Matthew 10:36 is often an MBBs reality: “A person’s enemies will be those of his own household.” For many MBBs in the Arabian Peninsula, this is a daily occurrence; their family may beat them, lock them out, disown them or even kill them for following Christ. As the Body of Christ, let us shore up our MBB brothers and sisters in the Arabian Peninsula by praying for them to be well prepared for persecution when it arises.
“Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,” 2 Tim 2:12
“Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master. If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours.” John 15:20
- Pray for MBBs of the AP to understand that persecution is a normal part of following Christ and not a punishment for their sins or wrong choices.
- Pray for MBBs to develop a clear understanding of their new identity in Christ. Walking closely with the Lord and having an awareness of living in His presence will carry them through the difficult times of persecution.
- Pray for MBBs to know, understand and memorize God’s word. Often during persecution, a believer will not have access to the written word. Pray for MBBs to hide God’s word in their hearts so they can cling to the truth during persecution.
- Pray for MBBs to have a deep understanding of prayer. Pray for them to be “praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication” Eph. 6:18. Ask the Holy Spirit to teach them various types of prayers: listening, crying out, lamenting, praising, petitioning, and praying God’s word.
- Pray for MBBs to be able to discern when to stay in situations of persecution and when to flee. (Mat. 10:23). Pray against any condemnation from themselves or others over their decisions.
- Pray for MBBs to have wisdom and discernment in choosing their words and actions. Unwise words and actions can lead to unnecessary persecution, and an aptly spoken word can turn away the wrath of persecutors.