A DAY OF PRAYER FOR CHANGE
Continue to pray for spiritual awakening
“You are the light of the world, A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden, nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket but on a lamp stand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.” –Matthew 5:14-16.
1 May 2018, anytime from 6am-6pm
Gather your friends/family wherever you are… at home, at church, in the street, in your community, on the beach… On farms, in neighbourhoods, in front of schools, libraries, universities and colleges. In parking areas, in main roads, around hospitals, train stations and police stations. We will pray outside shopping areas and malls, townhouse complexes and apartment blocks.
For God to avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him. (Luke 18:7)
- Spiritual Awakening
- Salvation of Souls
- Social Transformation
- Revival: Outpouring of the Holy Spirit in the Church, a renewed compassion for the lost and desire to care for the poor.
- Salvation: Conviction of sin, a desire to turn to God, for backsliders to return, the Church to be strengthened and to be restored to fulfil God’s purpose in communities.
- Families: Safety, children, marriages, young people, hope, restoration and a future.
- Leadership: In government, schools and society.
- Abuse and Violence: Deliverance from alcoholism, drug, substance and sexual abuse, an end to gun violence, gangsterism and drug cartels, bullying in schools and local crime.
- Spiritual: Victory over all forms of witchcraft, idolatry and demonic influence in all spheres of communal & societal life. That people will turn away from these evil practices.
- Restoration: Healing of physical illnesses, mental illnesses, all trauma and emotional suffering as a result of violence.
- For breaking of national drought: Rain in season, restoration of land after fires.
- Social transformation of communities: Increase in effective social upliftment programmes, job creation, peace and stability, and compassionate action.
- Corruption: For corruption to be exposed and its power to be broken, and for restoration.
Arise and shine for your light has come – the glory of the Lord has risen upon you. – Isaiah 60:1
Let us STEP UP and STEP OUT and be obedient to what God wants us to do…
Morne & Jillian Thomas
(This initiative is supported by Jericho Walls International Prayer Network)