South Africa is preparing for a landmark election in 2019. New political and spiritual alignments are taking place. Covenants and trade agreements have been made with economic powers like China, Russia and the Middle East. These agreements have opened political and spiritual doors that will have far-reaching consequences in our nation. In their attempt to recruit voters some political parties entertain dubious rituals, making covenants with spiritual forces and will even incite violence, murder and aggression through very dangerous, provocative and sometimes clearly blasphemous statements. Many Christians compromise their faith, reconciling Christianity with historic anti-Christian religions and ideologies.
- For the Church to walk in truth, righteousness and justice in every sphere of the society (Eph.5:8-10).
- For Christians to have the courage to speak the truth, to renounce and reject all unholy covenants and agreements, and to not compromise their faith (Eph.5:11-14).
- For Christians to boldly and purposefully share their faith with people of other beliefs and convictions and to understand people’s need for salvation and reconciliation with God, the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Tim.4:1-3).
- For God to nullify every evil covenant and agreement, to silence the voices that stir hatred, murder and violence in our nation, and to destroy the web of bewitchment over South Africa;
- For the Holy Spirit to bring conviction of sin, righteousness and judgment (2 Cor.6:14-18).
- For every evil plan to destabilise South Africa to be exposed and destroyed; For God’s plans and purposes for South Africa to be fulfilled (2 Cor.10:3-6).
Let us establish Houses of Prayer in every church
and community across South Africa.
Join the weekly Presidential Prayer Watch!
Call to prayer issued by Jericho Walls Prayer Network on 2 August 2018.