Call by Organisers of Parliament Prayer Initiative
On Friday, 24 November 2017, about 250 Christian leaders with national influence will meet in Parliament from 13:30 -16:00. We are all extremely concerned about the erosion of values and key challenges facing our beloved Nation. The key focus areas will be Righteous Leadership – The Moral and Spiritual condition of our Nation – Restoring Vision and Hope (a new heart for our Nation).
We are challenging all Christians across South Africa to spend one hour in prayer on Friday, 24 November, between 12:00 – 16h00, e.g. offer up your lunch hour and meet with friends and work colleagues in prayer for our nation. We encourage Business, Church and all of Society to gather in small and large groups wherever you are to pray for our beloved Nation.
- Prayer pointers are provided below
- Visit the Facebook page at the following link: https://web.facebook.com/SAParliamentPrayerDay/
- Watch Call to Prayer video of Bennie Mostert, Jericho Walls International Prayer Network
Please share this communication so that more people can unite in prayer for South Africa on 24 November 2017.
- A new heart
“Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.” (Hebrews 10:22, NKJV)
- Ask God to reveal and remove from your heart all works of the flesh, caused by evil spirits or your own corrupt nature – pride, arrogance, wickedness; sexual uncleanness (adultery, impurity, sensuality), idolatry, witchcraft; enmity (especially racial hatred and bitterness, wrath, revenge, cruelty, quarreling, jealousy, envy, anger, slander, gossip, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions), and drunkenness. (Gal.5:19-21)
- Ask God to bring forth the fruit of the Spirit in your life: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control, to give you a compassionate heart filled with righteousness, truth and wisdom, in order to bear with others, forgive their sins, build them up, encourage them, and honor and respect all people, especially those of other ethnic groups.(Gal.5:22-23)
- Hope does not disappoint
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.” (Rom 15:13, ESV)
- We confess that our hope was derailed; we forgot God’s promises for our nation, and focused on our circumstances. We pray that the God of hope will fill us with joy and peace, so that the Holy Spirit will empower us to abound in hope. (Psa.31:24)
- May our country be built on Kingdom principles and honour the name of Jesus Christ. (Pro.14:34)
- Righteous leaders
“Truth is lacking, and he who departs from evil makes himself a prey. The LORD saw it, and it displeased him that there was no justice. He saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no one to intercede; then his own arm brought him salvation, and his righteousness upheld him.” (Isa 59:15-16, ESV)
- We confess that we abandoned the truth of God’s Word, and perverted justice and righteousness.
- In the name of Jesus, we rebuke and resist the enemy who came to steal, kill and destroy our nation.
- Pray that God will raise up leaders in our nation who will be men and women after His own heart, filled with godly wisdom and revelation; that their eyes may be enlightened to understand the inheritance He has for our nation. (Eph.1:17-18)
- Respect for life
“You have made known to me the paths of life; you will make me full of gladness with your presence.” (Act 2:28, ESV)
- We confess the disrespect for life in our nation – rape, violence, bloodshed and racial discrimination.
- Pray that God will remove the accumulated bloodguilt caused by murder and the legalization of abortion (Heb.12:24).
- Father God, teach us the paths of life; make us life-givers in thought, words and deeds so that we can be ministers of reconciliation in our nation. (2Cor.5:18)