Establishing prayer groups
Building networks of prayer groups
Saturating the nation with prayer
Nobody is stirring himself up to lay hold of you… Isaiah 64:7
Mobilise congregations & cities to establish prayer circles
Prayer Circles – praying for unsaved people, revival, churches and the nation(s)
• Establish groups of 3-5 persons (a prayer circle) with the goal to pray for unsaved people, but also other issues the Lord may lay on your hearts. A pray circle may exceed 3-5 people, but try to establish as many prayer circles as possible.
• Every person in the prayer circle prays for at least 3 unsaved people and add other issues as God leads them.
• Every prayer circle tries to establish one more prayer circle, and then one more… and then one more…
• Keep track of the prayer circles you establish and keep track of your network of prayer circles (to encourage and support them). Use for instance the WhatsApp Broadcast list (not the chat group function).
• Meet at least once a week. If you cannot meet physically every time, do a small conference call, etc.
• Spread the concept to as many people as possible.
Practical guidelines: Praying for unsaved people
A. Write down the names of 3 unsaved people (or people that need more of Jesus):
B. Pray for 2 of more people to join you in starting a prayer circle:
C. Four basic steps to reach out to an unsaved person:
1. Pray for the needs of the person (marriage and family life, work relationships, social needs, friends, personal challenges, health, finances, spiritual needs, etc.).
2. Build a relationship with the person.
3. Identify any personal needs. Help when and where it is possible (do not give money). Tell the person you will pray for those needs – preferably right away.
4. When and where appropriate, start natural conversations with the person about Jesus.
Basic Scripture verses to pray for unsaved people: John 3:16; 2 Peter 3:9; Luke 5:32; Ezekiel 18:23; 1 Timothy 2:3-6; Mark 10:27; John 5:21; John 6:63.
Practical Guidelines: Praying for the community and the nation
In addition to the primary goal of a prayer circle to pray for the salvation of people (also from other religions), you can add some other topics:
- Revival in your church / Spiritual leaders / A deeper walk with God
- The poor and needy
- The economy of the country / Corruption / The government
- The media
- The youth
- The judicial system
- Your work place
- Your own ministry in the church
- People struggling with bitterness, emotional hurt, involved in the occult
- Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists
- The unreached nations
Stay connected by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will add you to a mailing list so that we can send you information and reports.