On Saturday 24 March 2018, there was a huge prayer meeting in Mitchell’s Plain (Cape Town) where hundreds of thousands of people are living. According to city officials, it was the largest meeting that they know of in the history of Cape Town. The best estimate is that there were well over 100 000 people – coloured, black and white people.
This area is known for domestic violence, gangsterism, drug abuse, unemployment, fatherless young people, alcoholism, broken families and dire poverty.
Two thousand people volunteered for the meeting – 150 of them were Muslims who said they want to be part of this. Many more attended the meeting. Some of the Muslims who attended the meeting got converted.
- For the Muslims who surrendered their lives to Jesus at the event.
- Pray that their families will see the change in the lives of these converts and that they will also become Jesus followers.
- Pray for the new converts to get connected with Christians who can disciple them.
- Let us continue to pray that the Muslims who attended the meeting, will consider the message of the gospel and that they will allow the Holy Spirit to speak to them.
- The Muslim community in Cape Town is a very closed community, because of many negative historical experiences. Pray for an openness and hunger to hear more about Jesus.