The main focus of the upcoming prayer gathering in Mitchell’s Plain in Cape Town on Saturday 24 March 2018, will not only be on the need for rain in the Western Cape and large regions in the rest of South Africa that suffer from drought. There is also a deep spiritual drought in our nation: millions of unsaved people, the deteriorating family structure, challenges within society, unspeakable poverty, as well as racial tension.
Pray for nothing less than conviction and revival!
Let us pray for the following in the days leading up to this event:
Conviction Pray for a deep conviction of sin in the lives of Christians and non-Christians, that will lead to repentance. (2 Cor.6:1-2 – “We appeal to you not to receive the grace of God in vain.”) Ask for backsliders and nominal Christians to be restored. Pray for atheists, gangsters, Muslims and every unsaved person to have a personal encounter with the Lord Jesus, the Son of God.
Revival Pray that God will pour out His Holy Spirit on His Church across our nation. (Matt.3:11 – “He will baptise you with the Holy Spirit and fire.”)
MORE PRAYER POINTS
- Revival in the Church (And when they had prayed, the place in which they were assembled was shaken… Acts 4:31)
- Salvation of People Pray for the salvation of people, including those from other religions, to understand Jesus’ love for them and that He wants to give them eternal salvation.? (How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? Rom.10:14).
- Fatherless Generation (A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in His holy habitation. Psalm 68:5)
- Lawlessness & Corruption (For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. Mt.15:19)
- Murder & Abortion (There is nothing but [false] swearing and breaking faith and killing and stealing and committing adultery; they break out [into violence], one [deed of] bloodshed following close on another. Therefore shall the land [continually] mourn, and all who dwell in it shall languish, together with the wild beasts of the open country and the birds of the heavens; yes, the fishes of the sea also shall [perish because of the drought] be collected and taken away. Hosea 4:2,3.)
- Job Creation & Economic Growth (Here is a conspiracy in the midst of her, like a roaring lion tearing the prey; they have devoured human lives; they have taken [in their greed] treasure and precious things; they have made many widows in the midst of her, like a roaring lion tearing the prey; they have devoured human lives; they have taken [in their greed] treasure and precious things; they have made many widows in the midst of her. Her princes in the midst of her are like wolves rending and devouring the prey, shedding blood and destroying lives to get dishonest gain. The people of the land have used oppression and extortion and have committed robbery; yes, they have wronged and vexed the poor and needy; yes, they have oppressed the stranger and temporary resident wrongfully. Ezek.22:25- 29)
- Drought Relief (… I give waters in the wilderness and rivers in the desert, to give drink to My people, My chosen… Isa.43:20)
CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING STEPS
- Daily spend time in your own devotional times to pray about these issues.
- Start or join a prayer group of at least three people.
- Consider fasting one or two meals daily for these issues and the event itself until 24 March 2018.
JERICHO WALLS INTERNATIONAL PRAYER NETWORK
14 March 2018
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org