The Blue Whale Challenge is NOT fake news. The Blue Whale internet challenge is a very dangerous mind controlling online game, active in many countries – also in South Africa. It has been linked to more than 130 suicides in Russia alone. BBC reports that India is currently in a panic about the high suicide rates linked to this game. A trauma counsellor in Pretoria put out a warning this week in the Pretoria Rekord newspapers and The Citizen newspaper also confirmed that it has surfaced in Gauteng.
Experts like Brad Huddleston, author of the book Digital Cocaine, has warned about the dark side technology, including the Blue Whale challenge.
News regarding Blue Whale has long been regarded as fake news. This is mostly because it could not be found on the internet in the normal way. This game is not accessed on Google or other search engines. It operates from the deep (hidden) web. It is hidden and it is predatory. The game administrators are experts in identifying, contacting and luring their victims through Social Media. Parents take note! The victim does not need to go in search of the game. Vulnerable teenagers, young children and even pre-schoolers fall victim to it.
Once the victim is lured in, the administrator provides tasks over the course of 50 days that include waking-up at odd hours, watching horror movies, listening to music prescribed by the administrator, visiting beaches and cemeteries alone, self-mutilation and eventually committing suicide.
The creator of the game regards his victims as ‘biological waste’ and told police that they were ‘happy to die’ and that he was ‘cleansing society’. Read more.
In several countries they are looking at legal ways to ban this game and to remove any links to it on Social Media. It is not yet clear how such a ban could be enforced.
- For the removal and banning of the Blue Whale challenge and early detection and removal of similar games on the internet.
- For parents to effectively protect and help their children by
- realizing, accepting and not fearing their responsibility in dealing with the challenges their children face.
- having daily open and loving communication and family time with their children.
- praying for their own children’s, spiritual, mental and physical health and protection.
- being able to control and monitor their child’s access to internet and social media.
- Finding help and learn more about how they can help and protect their children.
- Disciplining their children in ways that don’t make them rebellious but keep them safe.
- For schools, care givers and authorities for wisdom and courage in handling and controlling internet access of children.
- For children to have a personal relationship with Christ and to be led by the Holy spirit using Social Media
- For children to be able to pray about their problems and for their friends.
- For timely Holy Spirit lead counselling for participants/victims and easy access to it.
- For the creators of these games to be convicted of sin, to repent and to come out of darkness into the Light to Jesus Christ.
Pray these Scriptures:
“I pray not that thou take them out of this world, but to keep them from the evil one,” (John 17:15)
“For God hath not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and of a sound mind.” (2 Timothy 1: 7)
For more information read and visit: